‘Fingers crossed!’: Novak Djokovic confident he can contend at US Open

Serbian tennis player Novak Djokovic performs during the launch of a local tennis place that will plan top tennis players for significant competitions, in Visoko, Bosnia and Herzegovina, July 13. — Reuters

Novak Djokovic on Saturday said he is getting ready for the US Open as though he will be permitted to contend at the hardcourt major, notwithstanding his refusal to take the Covid-19 immunization.

Djokovic, who has three US Open titles, can avoid the current year’s US Open because of current guidelines under which explorers looking to enter the US must be completely immunized and give verification prior to loading up flights.

Recently, the 35-year-old was remembered for the section list for the August 29-September 11 Grand Slam in New York.

“I’m getting ready as though I will be permitted to contend, while I anticipate to hear in the event that there is any space for me to head out to the US,” Djokovic said in a post on Instagram alongside a video of him rehearsing.

In excess of 43,000 individuals have marked a web-based request requiring the United States Tennis Association to work with the US government to permit 21-time significant hero Djokovic to contend in the US Open.

Djokovic won the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon titles last year however couldn’t shield his Melbourne Park crown this year in the wake of being extradited from Australia over his immunization status in January.

The Serbian later said he was ready to miss Grand Slam competitions as opposed to take the Covid-19 antibody.

Okara Times

Learn More →

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *